City Parks Alliance’s Summer Series will include more than a dozen events over the span of two weeks, starting June 14 through June 25, 2021. It will be an interactive mix of virtual programming and community building for urban park leaders. Conversations will focus on how cities are reckoning with racial justice, building an inclusive workforce, driving an equitable economic recovery, and leveraging parks and public spaces to connect people and create stronger, more resilient communities.
The Summer Series is for:
- National, state, and city park agency leaders
- Nonprofit organizations
- Mayors and public officials
- Landscape and design professional
- Green infrastructure and sustainable development consultants
- City planners
- Community health and development organizations
- Downtown business organizations
- Neighborhood advocates
- and others looking to help cities emerge stronger from the pandemic
Reason #1 Address the Serious Issues Facing Parks and Cities
The highly curated sessions with peers and expert voices from across sectors will address the role of parks and recreation in solving some of the most challenging issues cities face today.
Reason #2 Invest in Your Organization and Staff
Keep your organization and staff on the leading edge by learning how cities are reckoning with racial justice, building an inclusive workforce, driving an equitable economic recovery, and leveraging parks and public spaces to connect people and create stronger, more resilient communities. Speakers and sessions provide replicable models and recommendations from some of the most innovative leaders in the parks and recreation world.
Reason #3: Take advantage of your for City Parks Alliance membership:
- $100 off each registration for members
- Buy five registrations and receive one registration free (all registrants must be staff at the same organization.)
- Purchase a $2,000 bulk registration for your entire organization to participate, available to City Parks Alliance members at the $2,500 and $5,000 levels only, and only available to staff at your organization.
Reason #4 Learn from Park Leaders about Replicable Models
Through a unique blend of deep-dive sessions, peer-to-peer discussions, a keynote, and mayors panel, the Summer Series will explore success stories that you can learn and immediately implement in your work. Discover innovative strategies you can tailor to your own needs and local community.
Reason #5 Leverage Networking Opportunities
Summer Series provides valuable networking opportunities with park leaders from across the country and around the world through its peer-to-peer sessions on cutting-edge topics and important conversations of today.
Please email questions about the Summer Series to [email protected].
Reason #6 Earn credits towards your Professional Licensure
Summer Series sessions are accredited by the Philadelphia Park and Recreation Association (CEUs), The American Society of Landscape Architects (LA CES), and the American Institute of Certified Planners (CMs).