Organization Montgomery Parks
Location Wheaton, Maryland
Job Type Seasonal
Application Deadline Dec 31, 2024
- Do you enjoy working outside?
- Are you hard working and motivated to protect our waterways from pollution?
- Do you have experience using a weed trimmer?
If this sounds like YOU, The Montgomery County Department of Parks is the place you want to be! The Southern and Northern Regions are seeking positive and motivated seasonal staff to join the Water Quality Management Team that travels across Montgomery County Parks performing non-structural maintenance on stormwater management facilities. There are over 400 of these facilities that include bioretentions, dry ponds, wet ponds, wetland ponds, sand filters, infiltration trenches and bioswales.
Responsibilities include landscape maintenance such as plant upkeep, weeding, grass cutting, trash and sediment removal and sign installation working as a part of a group and occasionally alone. Equipment that may be utilized includes trucks, lawn mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, hand tools, tractors with attachments and riding mowers. May be required to drive Commission vehicles upon completion of Defensive Driving training. This position involves performing physically demanding work outdoors in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate is adaptable, safety-focused and reliable.
Southern Region Park Locations The Southern Region encompasses the southern portion of Montgomery County: Cabin John Regional Park, Wheaton Regional, Beach Drive, Sligo Creek Parkway, Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreational Park, and numerous local and neighborhood parks. Work location for the Southern Region is Cabin John Regional Park.
Northern Region Park LocationsThe Northern Region encompasses the northern portion of Montgomery County: Little Bennett Regional Park, Black Hill Regional Park, Rock Creek Regional Park, Green Farm Maintenance Area, Olney Manor Recreational Park, and South Germantown Recreational Park and numerous local and neighborhood parks. Work location for the Northern Region is Black Hill Regional Park.
No experience or training necessary.
- This position does not qualify for benefits.
- A background investigation will be completed prior to hire.
- The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate a workplace culture of diversity, equity and inclusion without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other non-merit factor.