These are seasonal positions that will work no more than 39 hours per week and are not eligible for benefits.
Seasonal Parks Maintenance Workers play an important role in maintaining Denver’s extensive system of urban parks that are essential to the community’s well-being. These individuals learn and practice a wide variety of general maintenance and landscaping skills – providing them with a strong foundation to make upward moves within the Parks and Recreation Department.
These positions will support parks within Denver’s Parks Maintenance Districts and will report to one of the maintenance shops in Denver. We are currently hiring for the Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, East, and Downtown park districts. See the district map here.
Skills to be developed and utilized in these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work outdoors in parks using and maintaining various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Landscape maintenance duties such as:
- Turf maintenance (e.g., laying sod, fertilizing, mowing, edging, raking)
- Irrigation (minor maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and use of central control systems)
- Ornamental/garden maintenance (planting, weeding, minor pruning)
- Infrastructure maintenance and repair such as fencing, asphalt, concrete, trails work, grade work/erosion control
- Interact with and learn alongside more seasoned park maintenance generalists and/or specialists such as Irrigation Technicians, Horticultural Workers, Park Horticulturists, and other experts in unique green industry fields and skilled trades work
- Snow removal operations such as plowing, shoveling, and de-icing
- Various related duties as needed such as trash collection, bathroom maintenance and cleaning, vandalism repair/graffiti removal
- Some positions may operate a Broyhill trash truck as part of an automated trash collection program
We are seeking reliable and driven individuals who are looking to grow and develop a well-rounded skill set in park maintenance. Our ideal candidates will enjoy working outside, be adept with safety considerations, and are eager to learn a variety of functions. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have:
- Parks maintenance experience
- Proficiency with various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualification:
- Education: None
- Experience: None
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
If you do not have a valid Driver’s License, we encourage you to apply for a Park Seasonal Laborer position.Application Link