Brookside Gardens, a Montgomery Parks facility, seeks a seasonal employee to assist with private events and rentals at the Gardens. The position is year-round, with most events happening within the March-October time period. We seek an energetic person who enjoys being outside, interacting with people, and who has an outstanding work ethic with great attention to detail. The preferred applicant will have basic knowledge of how an event runs and experience working a variety of events, but on-the-job training will also be provided, as necessary.
Examples of Important Duties
- Assists with setup and breakdown of tables and chairs
- Closes off areas of the garden for private use
- Interacts with event guests and vendors in a friendly and helpful manner
- Interacts with visitors in a friendly and helpful manner
- Monitors and assists with Photo Permit patrolling
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of customer service experience
- Must be at least 18
- Ability to stand/work in sun for 4-hour periods in a garden setting
- Ability to work flexible evening and weekend hours
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to understand and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes
- Enjoy interacting with garden patrons
- Ability to utilize a computer
- Excellent communication skills; able to give and follow directions
- Attentive to detail, responsible, and personable
Primarily works outside. Exposed to weather, wildlife, and potentially harmful insects (for example, bees, hornets, wasps, etc.) Must be able to stand for a duration. Works independently and as part of a team. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Must be available evenings and weekends. A minimum of 32 hours per month from April-October is required.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Fingerprinting and background investigation will be completed prior to hire.
Additional duties and full list of Job Description available upon request.Application Link