The User Support Technician provides technical support for computer users who work at the Central Park Conservancy. Responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware and software problems, installing desktop computers with standard software packages, working with office and park-based computer users to assist and enhance their computer skills, supporting basic network configuration and wide area network infrastructure. Configuring and supporting smart phones and mobile devices. Provide audio/visual setup and support in and out of house. providing support for GIS database system and providing support for a point of sale system at all retail locations within the park.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot and solve user computer (hardware/software) related problems on-demand.
- Setup and installation of new hardware and software at multiple sites.
- Assist Network Administrator in set-up of computers on Wide Area Network.
- Assist at CPC locations as needed by Associate and Director of IT.
- Assist in maintenance of backup systems and files security (security remediation).
- Enhance user productivity through training, workshops, and one-on-one instruction.
- Provide emergency on-demand support and assistance to all CPC locations.
- Provide mobile device support including, MDM (mobile device management), configuring new units.
- Setup and install audio/visual equipment for CPC events and conferences off and on site. Knowledge of webex, Blue Jeans, and other video conference software a plus.
- Manage and support the POS system of retail locations within the park.
- Act as a hands-on liaison to the rest of the IT Team for any server, network or systems problems, particularly on Sundays.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 2 years of work experience in user support and hardware troubleshooting)
- Working knowledge of PC computing hardware and software through college coursework or on the job experience
- Knowledge of major software applications including Microsoft Office suit
- Driver’s License required
Knowledge of following applications a plus: Mac OS, ESRI, AutoCAD, audio and video equipment, Adobe Creative Suite software and web-based software.
- Ability to communicate with users in a non-threatening, non-techno jargon way
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to a unique working environment
- Ability to lift 30lbs