Fairmount Park Conservancy brings parks to life. We work with the City of Philadelphia and its communities to steward our parks and nurture our shared environment, cultural resources, and public health. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park, six other watershed parks, and more than 130 neighborhood parks and gardens around the city.
Park Program Leaders will work with both our Program Manager and our Director of Events and Engagement to help plan, assist, and execute public programs, activations, and special events. These contract positions will primarily work nights and weekends from April to October, averaging 10–15 hours per week with some fluctuation.
Scope of Services:
- Be present at Fairmount Park Conservancy public programs in East Fairmount Park, West Fairmount Park, and FDR Park
- Serve as the main point of contact for program instructors and participants on scheduled program dates
- Clean, set up, maintain, and breakdown sites for various events and programs
- Represent Fairmount Park Conservancy in a positive and professional manner
- Check-in program participants and provide friendly customer service, ensuring that they have an impactful and positive experience in the park
- Pack and bring supplies to programs as needed and return in a timely manner
- Keep program supply spaces clean and organized
- Send pre- and post-event emails out to program participants
- Fill out post-event surveys to track the program locations and participant numbers
- Help with occasional program marketing (distributing flyers, etc.)
- Be available for weekly check-ins with our Program Manager
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Ability to be present at events and engage with a variety of people; public program experience helpful but not required
- Ability to be a parks ambassador/champion and represent Philadelphia to not only Philadelphia residents but to visitors and tourists
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in diverse communities
- Ability to work outdoors and under possible adverse conditions (heat, humidity, cold, rain)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to different parks required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Ability to work primarily nights and weekends throughout the spring, summer, and fall
Compensation for Services: $20 per hour up to a maximum of $8,000. Park Program Leaders can expect about 10-15 hours of work per week. Work schedules will fluctuate on an as-needed basis. There is no guarantee that seasonal contractors will receive the maximum compensation total.
The anticipated start date is Tuesday, April 2, 2024
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender, or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please prepare a resume as either PDF or Word documents and submit it at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6c36b755b1064d6d906d9d6b63745dd5
Application deadline is February 29.Application Link