The Real Estate Division of the Department of Finance and Denver Parks and Recreation are looking for a Project Manager II to oversee Denver Parks and Recreation’s acquisition and land management program.
The Real Estate Division maintains the City’s real estate portfolio via assessment of the City’s short and long term real estate needs. By assessing those needs, this group determines how to maximize asset efficiencies to effectively ensure optimum financial resources are available to the City for the benefit of the employees and citizens.
This position is officially housed and reports to Real Estate, but will be engaged with Denver Parks and Recreation and also act as a team member of the Denver Parks and Recreation Planning, Design and Construction Division. The Project Manager II will serve as Denver Parks and Recreation’s real estate acquisition portfolio manager. The Planning, Design and Construction Division consists of a team of highly-knowledgeable professionals dedicated to the development and improvement of the City & County of Denver’s network of parks and parkways. The Division’s efforts in parks acquisition, planning, design and construction management ensure that Denver’s valuable system of parks fosters Denver’s development as a world-class city and enriches the lives of Denver’s residents and visitors for years to come.
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced real estate professional with superior relationship-building skills, communication and organization skills, who enjoys working with and engaging with others. This position will require someone who is sensitive to equity considerations and is confident in their ability to handle complex or sensitive situations.
Specifically, the position provides leadership and mentorship to team members, develops project plans and will be responsible for project forecasting, scheduling and implementation for all Real Estate acquisition initiatives for Denver Parks and Recreation. The Project Manager II will coordinate multi-city department and stakeholder meetings on acquisitions and will analyze and present acquisition reports and delivery scenarios to the Director of Real Estate, the Parks and Recreation Management Team, and others.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or directly related field
- Bilingual skills (Spanish highly preferred)
- Experience with land protection or conservation projects, land management, or acquisition for park or open space purposes
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional project management experience in the related occupational group including planning, managing, and scheduling projects and preparing and reviewing contract documents.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.