Help us build a better park system!
The Montgomery County Department of Parks, Park Development Division seeks a Real Estate Manager/Land Acquisition Specialist. This position is within the Real Estate Management Section that manages the Department’s real estate portfolio, acquires new land for parks, and manages public-private partnerships on parkland. The Land Acquisition Specialist position has two goals: to efficiently manage the existing Real Estate Portfolio for the long-term benefit of the Parks system, and to implement the Parkland Acquisition Program to meet the needs of the growing and changing County population. The Park Development Division is responsible for implementing the Department’s $235.8 million Capital Improvement Program (CIP), a six-year plan for the acquisition, design, construction, and renovation of more than 37,000 acres of parkland within Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner. Montgomery County Parks serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in Montgomery County, Maryland, and manages 422 parks Montgomery Parks has an annual operating budget of over $100 million and a career staff of nearly 800 employees.
Examples of Important Duties:
- Negotiate acquisitions with landowners, prepare contracts and legal documents, and bring land transactions through final settlement accurately and efficiently.
- Support the evaluation and prioritization of potential land acquisitions with multi-disciplinary teams based on complex policy criteria.
- Make appropriate changes to the real estate portfolio by implementing easements, land exchanges, and land dispositions, conducting title research, and maintaining land records.
- Respond to information requests from all divisions of the Parks Department, other public agencies and officials, County residents, developers, planners, engineers, attorney and the like.
- Provide information to assist in resolving property disputes such as boundary line locations, access concerns, and encroachments.
- Support preparation of the Department’s Six-Year CIP; monitor budget expenditures for land acquisition, site improvements, and staff charges.
- Implement efforts to convert land deeds and other records into digital formats and assist in monitoring quality control for converted and new data.
- Provide written and oral presentations to the Planning Board, County Council, and public meetings on land real estate matters.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years’ progressively responsible experience in planning, park administration, business or public administration, engineering, or related subjects; and
- Two years of highly responsible and varied experience related to real estate management, land appraisal, and negotiating land and property acquisitions. Experience with a municipal jurisdiction is highly desirable; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate should possess expertise in real estate practices related to public lands, proficiency in project management and negotiation, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to handle multiple projects effectively, and detail-oriented focus on project implementation and records management.Candidates should have strong GIS skills for site evaluation and mapping, and be proficient with Microsoft Office products especially Word, Excel, and Power Point. Good analysis, writing, and public speaking skills are essential. Experience with Infor/Lawson, other Enterprise Resource System (ERP) programs, and/or budget management programs is desirable.M-NCPPC offers an excellent benefits package including generous leave, extensive health coverage, a deferred compensation plan, employer’s retirement plan, and work-life programs. The office is currently in Silver Spring, convenient to the Capital Beltway. Within the next year, the office will be moved to downtown Wheaton with convenient access to Metro.
SALARY: $61,231 – $104,980 annually
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE BY 11:59 PM, September 27, 2019 AT: Job#14190
https://mncppc.org/jobs REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST (Grade 26, 14190)
Our office is located at:
6611 Kenilworth Avenue
Riverdale, MD 20737
An Equal Opportunity Employer