We. Love. Parks. At the SF Parks Alliance (SFPA), we work with more than 200 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday citizens to ensure that our treasured city parks and green open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. As we expand to serve even more parks and people, we are seeking someone with familiarity and experience building community partners to join our team as Program Coordinator! If you’re creative, forward thinking, fun, enthusiastic, and interested in helping shape the future of parks in San Francisco, let’s talk.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with local service providers, property managers, merchants, SFPA partners and staff members.
- Provide overall site management and workflow oversight for the space.
- Create and manage an internal calendar of staffing and events.
- Coordinate with onsite plaza staff regarding requests for event and equipment set-up to ensure regular programming and special events are well executed.
- Conduct daily surveys and additional data collection as needed and timely completion of all related data entry.
- Ensure sites are clean and free of debris prior to scheduled event/activation and before departing the plaza.
- Track number of event attendees, on-site media, any sponsor, vendor or public feedback. Document events and programming with reports and pictures.
- Coordinates activities and work order requests between onsite plaza staff, neighbor/stakeholders and SFPA or City Department as appropriate.
- Advise Project Manager of trends and activity at sites.
- Respond to community inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Deliver supplies from SFPA office to site.
- Assist with promotional implementation (poster distribution etc.) citywide and locally.
- Manage social media posts and take daily photos using camera phone.
- Other commensurate duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: The Program Coordinator reports directly to Citywide Public Space Initiative Project Manager
Supervision Exercised: In coordination with contracted vendor management, will supervise a small team of plaza staff and performance talent managers. Close professional coordination with contracted vendor management and additional community consultants are a requirement.
- Must have a driver’s license
- Proficiency with excel/google docs
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs and lift 25 lbs.
- A strong manager able to nurture both camaraderie and accountability
- Passion for parks, playgrounds, and the natural world and for bringing park-related experiences to the public; high commitment to learning about San Francisco parks and open spaces.
- Able to think strategically, keeping the big picture and broad institutional objectives in mind, while also being detail and analysis oriented
- Exemplify the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, discretion, excellence and accountability; demonstrates emotional intelligence and self-awareness; inspires confidence and trust; welcomes feedback
- Able to work well under pressure and adapt easily to changing situations and priorities; exercises good judgment and stays focused on overarching goals
- Able to interact in an effective, tactful and professional manner internally, externally and with the public at large; responds graciously and promptly to the requests of others
- Dedicated and ambitious to achieve organizational success; willing to pitch in and go the extra mile when needed
- Strong ability to work and interact with the public and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, demonstrating diplomacy and tact under pressure.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader with a good sense of humor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Multilingual abilities and personal working vehicle (mileage reimbursement offered) given higher prioritization.
Job Location and Conditions:
- Duties will be carried out in Mendell Plaza in Bayview and Gene Suttle Plaza in Fillmore, other locations TBD.
- Must be available to work mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed upon programming requirements. Set hours are flexible contingent upon mutual agreeance.
- Willing to assist with manual labor for set-up and take down (sweeping/cleaning up, taking garbage to dumpster, etc.)
- Willing to work outside year-round in all-weather conditions.
SF Parks Alliance offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, commuter benefits, a flexible spending account, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and an employer 410(k) match program. SFPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
When applying for a position, please submit an email to “[email protected]” with your full name and position title in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and a resume.