- Do you enjoy working in the landscape or skilled trade industry?
- Do you want to work with playground equipment and maintenance?
- Are you ambitious and eager to learn?
If this sounds like you, The Montgomery County Department of Parks is the place you want to be! We are currently seeking motivated carpentry and maintenance industry professionals to join the Playground Team as a Playground Maintenance Technician who enjoys being outside, working as a team, and who has an outstanding work ethic with great attention to detail.
Work hours are 6:00 am – 2:45 pm Monday – Friday and can include evenings, weekends, and holiday work.
Examples of Important Duties
- Performs skilled playground maintenance and renovation work to keep all Montgomery County playgrounds up to code.
- Maintenance tasks include playground surface repairs, boarder replacement, component replacement (slides, swings, chains, decks, etc.) raking, digging and weed removal from playgrounds.
- Operates equipment such as trucks, truck and trailer combination, Foam Stream Machine, Vermeer with attachments (bucket, forks, etc.), blowers, chainsaws, power tools (drills, circular saws, power ratchets, etc.)
- General grounds maintenance -leaf removal, litter cleanup, hardscapes repair, fencing repair, weeding surfaces, removing fallen trees, pruning, and snow removal.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and/or written instructions effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate any concerns and/or needs for repairs/tasks or equipment.
- This position regularly performs work as a group but may occasionally work alone on assignments.
- May be required to drive Commission vehicles upon completion of defensive driving training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year of outdoor landscape industry experience in lawncare, grounds maintenance, carpentry/skilled trades or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in another language a plus.
No experience or training is necessary except for specialized skills (for example typing) or licenses/certificates (for example, Red Cross Life Saving Certificate) that are directly related to the job.
- These positions are seasonal and do not include a benefits package.
- Salaries are based on experience.
- A complete criminal background investigation will be conducted prior to hire.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate a workplace culture of diversity, equity and inclusion without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other non-merit factor.Application Link