These are seasonal positions that will work no more than 39 hours per week and are not eligible for benefits.
Park Seasonal Laborers are entry-level positions that perform routine landscaping and park maintenance duties in support of Denver’s expansive urban parks system.
These positions will support parks within Denver’s Parks Maintenance Districts and will report to one of the maintenance shops in Denver. We are currently hiring for the Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, East, and Downtown park districts. See the district map here.
Skills to be developed on the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work outdoors in parks using and maintaining various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Landscape maintenance duties such as:
- Turf maintenance (e.g., laying sod, fertilizing, mowing, edging, raking)
- Irrigation (minor maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and use of central control systems)
- Ornamental/garden maintenance (planting, weeding, minor pruning)
- Infrastructure maintenance and repair such as fencing, asphalt, concrete, trails work, grade work/erosion control
- Interact with and learn alongside more seasoned park maintenance generalists and/or specialists such as Irrigation Technicians, Horticultural Workers, Park Horticulturists, and other experts in unique green industry fields and skilled trades work
- Snow removal operations such as plowing, shoveling, and de-icing
- Various related duties as needed such as trash collection, bathroom maintenance and cleaning, vandalism repair/graffiti removal
We are seeking reliable individuals who are looking to gain experience in park maintenance operations. Our ideal candidates will enjoy working outside and are eager to learn new skills from more seasoned parks workers. These positions are most appropriate for those who have very little to no experience in parks, landscape, or construction maintenance or those who currently do not have a valid Driver’s License.
If you do have a valid Driver’s License and experience in parks, landscape, or construction maintenance, we encourage you to apply for a Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker position.Application Link