Biederman Redevelopment Ventures (BRV) seeks candidates for a Park Programming Associate in our San Francisco office with 1-2 years of experience. BRV is a placemaking firm that advises government agencies and developers on revitalizing urban parks and public spaces and manages urban parks and public spaces. BRV’s San Francisco office is contracted to manage programming at Salesforce Park, on top of Salesforce Transit Center, in downtown/SOMA San Francisco. Salesforce Park offers free high-quality events and programs that draw people to the space and enrich the community.
The Programming Associate will start by primarily overseeing programming and events at Salesforce Park, but in time may also work on BRV’s other projects, advising on urban public spaces in various cities in the US. Our San Francisco office currently has consulting projects in San Francisco, Scottsdale, Dallas, West Palm Beach, and Nashville.
A strong candidate will be passionate about public and community programming, as well as urban parks and other urban planning-related topics. The ideal candidate will understand tight deadlines, be equally effective working independently and with groups, and be comfortable managing a variety of issues at once. They will be expected to take on our mission quickly, be comfortable working non-traditional hours, and be confident in managing programs and events onsite.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and executing Salesforce Park’s robust, year-round schedule of public programs and performances, which includes music, theater, dance, fitness classes, and tours (this could entail some evening and/or weekend hours)
- Conduct field observations in the park and neighborhood and report on those observations; document programs with short written memos and photos
- Evaluate the success of programming and events, make recommendations, and implement improvements
- Coordinate with programming partners, maintaining existing partnerships and fostering new ones
- Conduct research and analysis related to the history, culture, demographics, and urban conditions relevant to public space and redevelopment projects
- Create graphics, maps, presentations, and written memos related to our consulting work
- College graduate with strong oral, written, and graphic communication skills
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a professional work setting, preferably in event planning, programs/events at a public park, museum, performing arts center, or other cultural institution
- Demonstrable background and/or interest in urban planning, real estate, and/or urban parks
- Interest in engaging with park users and members of the community
- Responsible and detail oriented, with excellent observational skills
- Outgoing, mature, and assertive, with strong interpersonal skills and a “no job too small” attitude
- Willingness, desire, and ability to do hands-on work
- Flexibility to work some non-traditional hours (early morning, evenings, and/or weekends)
Please apply by emailing [email protected] with “Park Programming Associate” and your name in the subject line. Please submit a resume and cover letter.