Over a decade in the making, Waterfront Seattle fulfills the public’s vision: beautiful public spaces for all, a salmon-friendly seawall, and year-round activities for culture, education, and fun. Seattle’s future waterfront will be a lively mixing ground for our community while nurturing our nearshore environment. Friends of Waterfront Seattle is the City’s nonprofit partner helping to fund, build, steward, and program the park – today and into the future.
Friends is implementing the vision that was thoughtfully developed through an unprecedented collaboration between government, community leaders, tribes, the business sector, numerous stakeholders, and the public. Park construction will begin after the Viaduct’s removal, and will be complete in 2023; however, the first piece of the park — Pier 62 — will open in early 2020.
The Park Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the marketing team who executes communications and promotional activities, and supports overall marketing efforts for park activities and community engagement. This role requires an experienced team member who has executed full life cycles of promotional campaigns, created and communicated strategic messaging across channels — including partner marketing strategies, measured the performance of campaigns, and analyzed results and directed change to improve success. The ideal candidate will be comfortable performing a wide range of marketing functions, including copywriting, design, branding, production, and digital/social media campaigns. The Park Marketing Coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. Friends values diverse perspectives and life experience, and encourages people of all backgrounds, communities, and cultures to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQIA, immigrants, refugees, people with disabilities, and veterans. We are seeking applicants with demonstrated marketing experience who are also committed to stewarding a waterfront that serves all communities and cultures, passionate about serving the public, and possesses an entrepreneurial desire to continually improve Seattle as a place to live, work, and play.
PARK MARKETING COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Marketing Manager in executing strategies to meet target audience and communications goals
- Implement Friends and Waterfront Park branding elements into all creative artwork, following brand guidelines
- Create marketing content for ads, social media posts, eBlasts, landing pages, reports, and other special projects
- Create promotional advertisements via print, digital, and hybrid channels; work with media and vendors for best rates, production, and deadlines
- Timely digital marketing engagement response
- Prepare monthly metrics updates, reports, and analyses on digital campaign metrics; document and use data for content direction moving forward
- Manage variable content best practices based on metrics; publish quarterly reports on findings.
- Support the execution of programming with community outreach and communications through events cycle
- Working with Friends’ Marketing Manager and other team members to create materials in support team goals
- Keep printed marketing collateral organized and stocked; manage collateral files and assets, and send to production as needed
- Work with and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors on advertising campaigns and metrics
- Crosstrain/serve as back up to Marketing Manager for seamless marketing and communications deliverables
Preferred skills to meet job responsibilities (listed above):
- Bachelor of Arts degree or five to seven years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in content strategy, social media management, email marketing, copywriting,
and graphic design
- Excellent written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of creativity, resourcefulness, and energy
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and work as part of a team
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint in a Mac environment; social media platforms Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; and experience using MailChimp and WordPress is a plus
- Experience with digital marketing, including SEO, retargeting campaigns, and Google Analytics
- Comfortable executing fast-paced, deadline-driven tasks in an open, busy work environment
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and non-traditional hours
- Comfort and desire to work in a collaborative atmosphere that values contributions of all team members and understanding of marketing as part of the collective whole of organizational goals
Position Needs, Knowledge, and Skill Set:
- Strong relationship-building skills to develop rapport with team members, programming and park partners, volunteers, media, vendors, and public
- Flexibility and ability to adaptively manage park marketing needs that support our core mission of access and inclusion to public spaces that are newly created
- Desire and commitment to apply equity and inclusion lens to Pier 62 marketing in order to provide an inclusive, equitable destination frame
- Outside-of-the-box thinking in regards to traditional marketing tactics using authenticity and transparency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and constant change while using thoughtful communication and skilled awareness of team dynamics
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion; a willingness to implement theory into practice and day-to-day work
Essential skills and attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- Strong decision-making skills that incorporate vision, strategic direction, and the ability to consider the many partners, parties, team members that are involved in promoting the park
- Desire and Commitment to apply an equity and inclusion lens to park marketing grounded in analysis of systems of oppression and self awareness
- Passion for data driven performance measures used to adaptively manage
- Use of creativity to inspire innovation and progress with authenticity and transparency
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and constant change
Friends is an ambitious organization that welcomes diverse qualified team players who, like all members of the Friends team, possess a “do all jobs” mentality and strive to achieve excellence in all tasks. Friends offers team members the opportunity to take on significant responsibilities on multi-disciplinary projects in a congenial work environment. While Friends is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, Friends’ culture is more akin to a start-up with an entrepreneurial spirit. Friends is committed to an inclusive, diverse, multi-cultural atmosphere that we envision for the future Waterfront Park. Friends seeks to employ and engage all communities and cultures including people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA community in an environment where everyone feels valued.
The Park Marketing Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position with a work schedule that requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. Reports to Marketing Manager with a starting salary of $65,000 to $75,000, depending on experience. Vacation, health care and dental coverage, and transit pass are paid by the organization. Ability to participate in defined contribution retirement plan with contribution by the organization. Send cover letter explaining how your experience meets the qualifications and experience needed for the position, along with a resume, to [email protected].