The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking a landscape architectural project manager to plan, design and manage projects related to the development of new and existing park facilities. The Montgomery County Department of Parks serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in Montgomery County, Maryland, and manages 421 parks on more than 37,000 acres of parkland. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $100 million, a six-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) of over $185 million, and a career staff of nearly 800 employees.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Designing and managing of projects in a multi-disciplinary team setting by developing project scopes, schedules, and budgets,
- Preparing in-house graphics, concept designs and construction documents,
- Coordinating work with multi-disciplinary internal stakeholders and regulatory agencies,
- Procuring and managing services performed by outside consultants.
- Executing projects through both the design-bid-build and design-build processes.
- Meeting with community groups,
- Preparing written reports and presenting projects before the Montgomery County Planning Board.
- Participating as a technical reviewer for other public agencies’ projects located on parkland, developer-built park amenities, and public-private partnership projects under the park permit process. All duties are performed within a team environment. Projects assigned may include design of new or renovated park facilities.
The Landscape Architectural (Design & Construction) Project Manager I designs and manages a limited range of park projects; assists senior staff with the design and management of park projects; works at the first level of project management across the continuum of planning, design and construction management; and demonstrates an understanding of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. The Project Manager (PM)manages projects that are small to average in size, such as playgrounds, trails, courts, dog parks, community gardens, skate parks, planting designs, and smaller park renovation projects. The PM may manage multiple projects in various stages concurrently under the design-build or design-bid-build approaches. Performs graphic and technical work in one’s own field, helps ensure effective project budgeting and cost control, coordinates with internal and external stakeholders, performs a range of project management functions. S/he will have knowledge of landscape architecture, along with good working knowledge of related fields to ensure complete, integrated designs/specifications and perform effectively as a design and/or construction project manager. Independently performs various types of analyses and solves conventional and non-standard problems. The PM performs other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Architecture or a degree in any related field.
- Two years of progressively responsible designer and/or construction experience that includes substantive work in the range of duties and responsibilities in this class specification.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total 6 years.
- Valid driver’s license in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver’s license must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee’s ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required by the position of assignment.
- Advanced degree
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up and GIS ESRI are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of horticulture/arboriculture, soils, applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements,
- Experience with construction in environmentally sensitive areas is preferred.
M-NCPPC offers an excellent benefits package including leave, health coverage, a deferred compensation plan, an employer’s retirement plan, and work-life programs. The office is in Silver Spring, convenient to the downtown area and the Capital Beltway.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE BY 11:59 PM, 9/04/19 AT: JOB# 11607
http://www.mncppc.org/jobs LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER I
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
6611 Kenilworth Avenue
Riverdale, MD 20737
An Equal Opportunity Employer