We. Love. Parks. At the SF Parks Alliance (“SFPA”), we work with more than 200 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday citizens to ensure that our treasured city parks and public open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. As we expand to serve even more parks and people, we are seeking a Grant Financial Analyst to join our team. If you’re creative, forward-thinking, and share an enthusiastic interest in helping shape the future of parks and public open spaces in San Francisco, let’s talk. We are a fun, communicative staff that thrives on teamwork, humor, and a passion to create new opportunities and outcomes for our Partner network in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.sfparksalliance.org.
The Grant Financial Analyst is responsible for tracking and reporting reimbursement revenue at SFPA. Revenue types include reimbursable city grants as well as other revenue reimbursement agreements. This role includes hands-on responsibility for accounts receivable as well as oversight of the billing process for all reimbursable grants & contracts awarded to SFPA’s Fiscally Sponsored Partners (Partners). The Grant Financial Analyst will be the main liaison with city agency lead grant managers, serving as the primary point of contact on matters related to city grants, and responsible for cultivating strong partnerships with each agency. The role requires administration of a large number of contracts. The position also involves managing Partner budgets and Partner financial reporting as well as the integrity of grant-related Partner data housed in the Salesforce database.
This role involves ongoing collaboration across multiple departments within SFPA to create solutions, streamline processes and ensure financial accuracy in all external reporting and internal records.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- A/R activity includes all contract billings for city agencies and any other reimbursement agreements made with city agencies or other groups.
- Review final invoices and input into A/R.
- Monitor days receivable and other relevant A/R-related dashboards.
- Ensure proper coding of remittances from city agencies.
- Reconcile A/R monthly.
- Ensure customer data is standardized throughout A/R module and up-to-date; generate customer revenue reports as needed.
- Continually evaluate and improve where possible the overall A/R process.
Reimbursable grants management-40%
- Review new partner contracts for relevant details and set-up in finance & accounting system and Salesforce database.
- Manage obtaining & tracking Partner liability insurance needs.
- Help on-board new Partner recipients of reimbursable city grants.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure all grant salaried employees are in compliance with applicable city ordinances required for reporting, and that allocations of salary and benefit expenses are accurately tracked.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with city agency lead grant managers and communicate SFPA’s internal procedures.
- Supervise tracking of city grant-related invoices and manage monthly invoicing for submission via various government grant payment portals.
- Continually evaluate and streamline where necessary, processes involved in generating monthly grant invoices.
Partner budgets and financial reports-20%
- Create standard template for Partner budgets and upload into finance & accounting system.
- Ensure Partner reports meet the needs of internal & external constituents.
- Schedule automated generation and distribution of Partner financial reports.
- Provide financial data for quarterly Partner grant reports, where required.
- Evaluate and streamline where necessary, processes involved in generating Partner financial information and integration into Salesforce database.
- Other duties as needed or required as a member of SFPA staff. Occasional evening/night/weekend work may be required.
This position will report directly to the Director of Finance & Administration. Annual reviews will be held with the Director of Finance & Administration. This position may require supervision of a junior accounting staff person in the future.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and G-Suite; proficiency with enterprise level accounting software; experience with Sage Intacct and Salesforce a plus.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple duties simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks as needed. The individual will work closely with the Director of Finance & Administration and other SFPA personnel.
- Concierge-level customer service skills utilized both internally and externally.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
What We Need to See on Your Resume
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience managing accounts receivable, grants/contract management and other various aspects of finance and accounting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to see the big picture.
The Grant Financial Analyst is a full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
- Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
- Department: Finance & Administration
- Location: San Francisco
- Preferred start date: Immediate
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
SF Parks Alliance offers a competitive salary of $70,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience and skills, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, flexible spending accounts, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and a 410(k) program with a match component.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to “[email protected]” with your full name and position title in the subject line. Please note that a cover letter is required for your application to be considered. SFPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.