- Are you highly organized with a keen eye for the details?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to support your division?
- Do you enjoy using technology to seek out efficiencies?
If this sounds like you, The Montgomery County Department of Parks is the place you want to be! We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly organized GIS Seasonal. There is a robust team focused on Data Analytics. Reporting directly to the Senior GIS Specialist, the GIS Seasonal will work on a variety of GIS projects using Esri tools, and the opportunity to learn career skills in GIS.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is a six-time National Recreational and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner. Behind the vast and diverse Montgomery County Department of Parks system is a career staff complement of nearly 800 employees, 420 parks and almost 37,110 acres of parkland that serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in the Washington, DC area.
Schedule is 10-15 hours per week depending on workload, Monday – Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm tentatively; schedule is subject to change.
This position pays at a rate of $21.00 per hour.
Examples of Important Duties
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Individual must be flexible, ability to work in an independent, proactive manner, as well as part of a team.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Assists with data maintenance, digitizing boundaries, and reviewing data for accuracy.
- Performs research and data analysis as needed.
- College or Graduate student in Geography, Remote Sensing, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cartography, or any related field
- Experience using Esri technology including ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
- A valid driver’s license in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver’s licenses must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee’s ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required of their position
- Editing data in GIS
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Schedule is 10-15 hours per week depending on workload, schedule is subject to change
- Position pays a rate of $21.00/hr.
- A criminal background investigation will be completed prior to hire
Primarily works in an office setting; may work outdoors on an incidental basis. Work is primarily sedentary and requires very light to light physical effort
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate a workplace culture of diversity, equity and inclusion without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other non-merit factor.Application Link