Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Associate Director of Fundraising
The non-profit Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation seeks a full-time Fundraising and Communications Coordinator. This is a chance to join one of the most successful public-private partnerships in the country and help the Foundation as it advances several major strategic initiatives. The Coordinator will work closely with the Advancement team on fundraising and public affairs goals.
• Assist the Associate Director of Fundraising to plan, design, implement, evaluate, analyze, and oversee the direct-response program. Identify and apply best practices. Coordination with internal and external teams.
• Serve as the primary point-of-contact for email, caging and fulfillment vendors.
• Assist with tracking, reviewing, analyzing, and compiling reports on historical membership trends and projected forecasts.
Assist with implementation and maintenance of stewardship plan for donors, by monitoring and analyzing donor trends and reviewing best practices.
• Manage organization’s acknowledgement procedure, including fulfillment of donation premiums and work in the CRM.
• Research and track member benefits usage and services for purposes of retaining members.
• With the oversight of the Director of Public Affairs, manage the Foundation’s social media accounts.
• Support Director of Public Affairs as needed on public relations and communications. Write blog posts and update website content.
• Communicate with current and prospective mid-level donors in an enthusiastic, passionate, and persuasive manner to promote membership.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising, particularly with direct response.
• Passionate about the Foundation’s mission and the areas of immigration, genealogy, historic preservation, and parks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Enthusiastic, outgoing, and self-motivated.
• Ability to prioritize, follow through on multiple tasks, work independently and meet deadlines. Attention to detail.
• Skilled in using prominent social media platforms and performance metrics.
• Direct response and donor database experience strongly preferred. Salesforce/Pardot experience a plus.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with WordPress/WooCommerce. Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager a plus.
• Graphic design experience a plus.
• This is a full-time position with full benefits.
• This position pays $28.00-$29.65 per hour for 35 hours/week.
• The work hours are generally Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, but flexibility is required for occasional evening or weekend hours.
• This position will generally work from the Foundation’s offices at 17 Battery Place, though 1-2 days/week of remote work may be possible.
• New hires must be in-compliance with the Foundation’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy as of their first day of work. This policy requires employees to have received the COVID19 vaccination (including boosters, when recommended), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
• Please email one-page cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name.
• No phone calls, please.
About The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation (www.LibertyEllisFoundation.org) The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation is a non-profit that collaborates with the National Park Service in one of America’s most successful public-private partnerships. In 1982, President Ronald Reagan asked Lee Iacocca to raise private funds for the historic restoration of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The Foundation has since created the museum on Ellis Island, developed the free 65-million-record Ellis Island Passenger Database, constructed the Statue of Liberty Museum, maintained museum exhibits, and funded over 200 additional projects on the islands.
The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Application Link