The Roger Williams Park Conservancy is an independent nonprofit organization created in 2015 as part of the Rhode Island Foundation’s Campaign for Roger Williams Park. The Conservancy works with the City of Providence Parks Department to steward the Park, offer community programs, raise resources, coordinate marketing efforts, and plan for the Park’s long-term sustainability and enjoyment by the community.
The Executive Director is responsible for building upon the successes of the past 3 years of the Conservancy’s growth and developing and implementing a financial sustainability plan for the Conservancy. This includes responsibility for fundraising and grant writing, utilizing strategies and methods to identify and develop new sources of financial revenue and support. The Executive Director will additionally oversee the financial management of the Conservancy.
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and provide professional oversight of the Conservancy to ensure that it is managed effectively to achieve its vision, mission, and strategic goals. The Executive Director must be a strong leader, excellent communicator, team and relationship builder, and passionate advocate and spokesperson for Roger Williams Park. The Executive Director is expected to foster Board development, execute the organization’s strategic plan, and develop and manage appropriate programming.
Full description available at https://rwpconservancy.org/edjob/
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of five years’ experience in a related field, such as park or nonprofit organization management
• Passion for parks and open space combined with the willingness to work long hours and weekends if necessary
• Demonstrated fundraising and grant writing experience
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills with experience working with a board of directors and in developing community relationships
• Experience in financial management, program development, project management, and social media applications
• Experience launching initiatives and building systems
• Excellent interpersonal relationship and written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful and innovative self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit