The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is the official friends group and philanthropic partner for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP). With a mission to enrich people’s lives and enhance our region by inspiring use, preservation, and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices. We embrace diversity and practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in Conservancy programs. We strive to provide a welcoming, collaborative, fun, and meaningful work environment and are committed to the health and well-being of our employees.
Are you seeking a fulfilling work experience with a collaborative team that is committed to providing an unforgettable experience in a National Park? Do you pride yourself in being detail-oriented and always seeking to provide a safe environment for all guests? Then you will want to consider applying for this newly created position. The Education Operations Coordinator is critical to the success of the education program and will work under the direction of the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center (CVEEC) Director to support a wide range of logistics coordination to ensure the education programs run smoothly.
Position Description, Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
- Work with Program Coordinator and Administrative Support Coordinator to schedule and support transportation needs for in-person programs and support Food Service Manager with ordering and scheduling catering and in house food service needs. Reconcile billing for services with the provider and Conservancy finance team.
- Under the direction of the CVEEC Director, manage and update American Camping Association (ACA) accreditation compliance related to food service, transportation, and facilities.
- Work with the Volunteer Management Office to identify, plan and execute volunteer projects related to facility needs.
- Attend professional development related to performance of duties, including but not limited to ServeSafe Person in Charge training, Defensive Driving and NPS Operational Leadership training.
- Occasionally serve as after hours or overnight on-call staff to address any emergent needs in the moment.
- Approach all programs, events and other duties embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Strive to consider the people, places and cultures that may be missing from your work and look for opportunities to increase inclusivity in all the work you do.
- Promote teamwork and a pleasant, safe work environment.
- Employee must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties/functions as outlined in the position’s job description.
- High School degree or equivalent required. Education or experience represented by a bachelor’s degree or minimum five years previous program, or facility coordination experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn food service handling safety.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn American Camp Association accreditation standards for transportation and facility management.
- Ability to speak, read, and write clearly and coherently in the English language.
- Every Conservancy employee must understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Employee must have a valid Driver’s License, evidence of insurability, and meet our driving record policy due to use of a Conservancy and/or government vehicles, and/or reimbursement of mileage. Employee may be required to participate in and pass the government Defensive Driving course.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years. Employees of who will be working around children must be fingerprinted for criminal record check for the state of Ohio and FBI fingerprint checks. The Ohio BCI and FBI fingerprint checks are repeated every five (5) years. All employees working with children must also sign an Annual Voluntary Disclosure Statement and will be checked against the National Sex Offender Database website on an annual basis.
- The policy of the Conservancy is that all employees entering the workplace must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for accommodation for religious or medical reasons will be evaluated in accordance with applicable law.
Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-Time, non-exempt, $18.00 hourly. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line reading Education Operations Coordinator. This is an immediate opening and posting closes when position is filled.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.Application Link