Who we are:
Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park enriches people’s lives and enhances our region by inspiring use, preservation, and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We provide opportunities for people to experience a thriving community and are a well-managed and sustainable organization, empowered to accept new challenges and explore new opportunities.
We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices. We embrace diversity and practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in Conservancy programs.
Who we are looking for:
If you are an outstanding and creative people person with a passion for expanding inclusive and equitable spaces, and someone with a commitment to ensuring that diverse learners at all levels have access to life enriching opportunities, we are looking for you! Your expertise and interests are well suited to grow the educational programming of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park in its effort to further reveal the beauty and riches of this 33,000 acre National Park.
Qualities of a successful Education Partnerships Manager Candidate:
- Passionate and knowledgeable education and/or community engagement professional who loves to connect people with opportunities and resources.
- Exceedingly organized and able to manage several partnerships at different stages of development at once.
- Highly skilled at working with a broad ecosystem of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with individuals of all backgrounds and skills, able to prioritize relationships and work collaboratively in a way that brings together and achieves goals held by diverse stakeholders.
- Understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- A team player who is willing to work toward transformational change and is collaborative by nature.
What you will do:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Work directly with Education Department, Community Partnerships Department and National Park Service to establish new and strengthen existing community relationships to enhance the connection between the Conservancy and NPS K-12 education programs and community needs and desires.
- Identify and coordinate community and education partnerships that match resources with program needs; administer and plan the use of funds available for programs.
- Attend community engagement events and meetings to build relationships with school districts and organizations supporting education. Be present in the community at events and activities that advance the mission of the Conservancy.
- Work with Education team in the development of curriculum and programming to solidify the connection between community and schools.
- Conduct school and community research to better understand needs.
- Work with community partners in the planning and coordination of programs and events developed as part of the Rooted in the Community Initiative.
- Develop and facilitate presentations and other materials to present to community and school groups.
- Assist VP of Education and VP of Community Partnerships in narrative descriptions and budgeting for grant proposals
- Establish systems and practices and procedures for allocations of funds and resources for community partners.
- Additional duties which may be assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, listening and writing skills.
- Prior experience in establishing partnerships between education and community organizations preferred.
- Previous experience and a successful record of achievement in working in diverse communities and promoting inclusion and equity.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information to public groups.
- Previous experience with parks, environmental organizations, community-based organizations, or educational organizations preferred.
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Project management experience with ability to implement change strategies in partnership with the organization’s leadership and external partners preferred.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently with self-direction as well as in a team environment. Takes initiative, thinks creatively, and drives projects and initiatives to completion.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined in this job description. Where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years. Employees who will be working around children must be fingerprinted for a criminal record check for the state of Ohio and FBI fingerprint checks. The Ohio BCI and FBI fingerprint checks are repeated every five (5) years. All employees working with children must also sign an Annual Voluntary Disclosure Statement and will be checked against the National Sex Offender Database website on an annual basis.
Status/ Pay/Benefits: Full-time, non-exempt, $23-$25 hourly. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line reading Education Director. This is an immediate opening, posting closes when position is filled.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.Application Link