Laurel Hill, two of America’s most historic cemeteries and funeral home, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Strategic Marketing. Laurel Hill East, founded in 1836, is located in Philadelphia and is a 78-acre National Historic Landmark. Laurel Hill West, 187 acres located in Bala Cynwyd, was founded in 1869 and is the location of the Laurel Hill Funeral Home. Both cemeteries are active burial sites, an accredited arboretum, exceptional educational and community resources, and unique recreational spaces.
Reporting to the President & CEO, The Director of Strategic Marketing is responsible for creating the organization’s go-to-market strategy and overseeing its execution for the entire portfolio of products and services. This role also oversees the development and execution of product strategy and innovation across the Laurel Hill organization inclusive of revenue generating private events. The Director of Strategic Marketing reports to offices at Laurel Hill West in Bala Cynwyd, PA and is a member of Laurel Hill’s executive team.
- Oversee and manage the portfolio for all Laurel Hill products and services.
- Develop and execute the strategic marketing plan including preparation and management of the marketing budget while coordinating across the organization with key stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee the product management function, goals, processes and deliverables required for a consistent approach aligned with key organizational goals. Oversee product plans and strategic roadmaps.
- Design, create and launch campaigns for new and existing offerings, ensuring alignment with the Laurel Hill Strategic Plan. Manage the lead creation and follow-up process from marketing activities, analyzing and reporting on effectiveness.
- Conduct rigorous competitive analysis to position Laurel Hill effectively against other organizations.
- Craft the value propositions for all products and services that align to the appropriate buyers and their needs. Work with the Director of Communications to ensure proper messaging and positioning.
- Develop the relevant content strategy for products and services and work with the Director of Communications to build content in a variety of formats including for digital platforms.
- Oversee the private event management function; grow the attendant revenue stream and coordinate with the Friends of Laurel Hill regarding public programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales to build and deliver a comprehensive sales enablement plan to equip and train all customer-facing staff with the right information, content and tools.
- Build and manage the appropriate approach to metrics, dashboards and reporting tied to revenue, opportunities and pipeline to promote key stakeholder knowledge of performance against sales and revenue targets.
∙ Minimum of ten years’ marketing experience that must include product marketing and/or product management experience.
∙ Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or MBA preferred.
∙ This position requires strong business acumen, extensive experience in all aspects of go-to-market strategy, expertise in competitive research, skill at developing and prioritizing multiple campaigns and objectives, ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations, and expertise in identifying, tracking and reporting on measurable outcomes.
∙ Strong writing and presentation skills are a must as is experience in managing full time staff.
∙ Must be resourceful and have ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
We offer an excellent compensation package, including full benefits. Submit your resume to: Laurel Hill Cemetery, Human Resources, 215 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 or [email protected]
Laurel Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.