Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Senior Communications Manager
Direct Reports: None
Status: ¾ Time, Hourly/Non-exempt
- ¾ full time equivalent position, 32 hours/week (minimum)
- Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required
Salary and Benefits:
- $28–$32 per hour based on experience (equivalent of $45–$53,000 annual pay for ¾ time)
- Benefits include: TriMet reimbursements for work trips, retirement matched at 3%, health care (premium 100% covered for employees); paid vacation (accrued, 60 hours/year), sick (accrued, 60 hours/year), and paid holiday time (10 days)
- Explore Washington Park seeks someone who can start by the end of October
Explore Washington Park (EWP)
EWP is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to providing access and visitor services to Washington Park in Portland, Oregon. The Park’s purpose is to connect people with the culture, diversity, and wonder of nature. We are guided by the following principles:
We are caretakers of the natural world.
We eliminate barriers that exclude.
We are stewards of exploration.
We embody the nature of Portland.
We are One Park – a community of destinations.
EWP programs include a free shuttle, traffic management and offsite parking services, visitor information services, and park planning. The organization is primarily funded through
Washington Park’s parking meter revenue. The board of directors includes director-level representation from the Oregon Zoo, Portland Parks & Recreation, World Forestry Center, Hoyt Arboretum Friends, Portland Japanese Garden, TriMet, Travel Portland, and the two adjoining neighborhood associations. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about the organization please visit explorewashingtonpark.org.
Washington Park is one of Portland’s oldest parks and, at 410 acres, is home to Hoyt Arboretum, Portland Japanese Garden, World Forestry Center, Oregon Zoo, and the International Rose Test Garden. In addition to the cultural institutions, the Park includes the Oregon Holocaust
Memorial and Vietnam Veterans of Oregon Memorial, as well as playgrounds, an archery range, tennis courts, group picnic sites, over 15 miles of trails connected to Forest Park, and a TriMet light rail MAX station. More than 3.5 million visitors enjoy the Park each year, making it one of Oregon’s top tourist destinations.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing digital initiatives, content, and on- brand creative to support the organization’s overall communications and marketing strategies. This includes managing and maintaining Explore Washington Park’s online presence – social media channels, website, Google My Business, and larger digital footprint – as well as creating collateral and content.
This individual works closely with, and reports to, the Senior Communications Manager. As part of a team dedicated to improving access to Washington Park, the position works to ensure the organization’s messaging and marketing materials reflect the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion and are welcoming and inclusive of a diverse community. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is effective at managing projects in a detailed manner.
Digital Content – Estimated percent of time: 55% Social Media:
- Develop, post, and manage on-brand social media content that coincides with overall marketing/communication strategies
- Actively monitor EWP & partner channels, and engage with and grow social community on platforms, including but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Track metrics, ROI, and create analytic reports, and manage social media budget
- Maintain, update, create, and publish content to EWP’s website as well as any campaign sub-sites
- Ensure ongoing usability, accessibility, and SEO of website(s)
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to track metrics and create analytic reports
- Support Senior Communications Manager in the creation of a new website
- Design and optimize email templates for newsletters, emails, and other communications
- Create and write content
- Manage listserv, schedule sending, and provide regular tracking and insights
Graphic Design & Production – Estimated percent of time: 35%
- Develop and design on-brand creative, including collateral, signage, and ad campaigns to support marketing/communication initiatives and other organizational priorities
- Support staff in creating reports, presentations, and other materials
- Manage contracts with outside consultants to support larger design, graphic, and printing projects
Other responsibilities – Estimated percent of time: 10%
- Assist in other marketing/communications initiatives and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required, plus 3-5 years of work experience in digital marketing and graphic design
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Demonstrated understanding of excellent visual design principles
- Experience in web design with knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics, SEO, CRM, WordPress, and email marketing software
- Proven success utilizing the functionality of and building audiences on social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple priorities, and work with limited direction and oversight
- Proven track record of working well with others, adapting to others’ work styles, and professional interactions with co-workers and vendors
- Commitment to increasing equitable access to Washington Park and ensuring marketing and communication materials are inclusive of a diverse community
- Proficiency in a second language preferred but not required
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, new challenges, and workplace transitions
Please send an application packet to [email protected] with “Digital Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.
Application packets must include the following to be considered: cover letter, resume, and work samples. Cover letters should reference your social media chops, plus your website development experience with links to a site or page you helped create. Please also provide a sample of your graphic design work and a short description (no more than 300 words) – separate from your cover letter – of your role, the goal of the project, and what made it successful. Samples can either be a website link or an attached PDF. All applications will be held in confidence.
Applications must be submitted by September 28, 2021 at 5 p.m. PST.Application Link