City Parks Alliance is the only independent, nationwide membership organization solely dedicated to urban parks. The mission of City Parks Alliance is to engage, educate and nurture a broad-based constituency to support the creation, revitalization, and sustainability of parks and green spaces that contribute to more vibrant and equitable cities. Our vision is that everyone in urban America will have access to the benefits of parks, recreational opportunities, and green spaces.
We believe that parks and recreation services play a critical role in advancing racial equity. Equity is about fairness, full and equal access to opportunities, power and resources so all people may thrive and prosper regardless of demographics. See our organizational values and recent statement on racial equity and justice for more about our work to advance these principles.
The Digital Marketing and Design Manager will help City Parks Alliance communicate the benefits of urban parks and recreation to current and potential members, policymakers, and other stakeholders and support a learning network. The Digital Marketing and Design Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to manage and leverage the Alliance’s websites, social media platforms, print materials, and digital communications. This full-time position will report to the Communications & Marketing Director and interfaces with all program areas.
Primary Responsibilities (with percentage of time):
2) Digital Marketing – manage editorial calendar and content for e-newsletters, blog, and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (30%).
3) Manage design and branding for reports, PowerPoints, newsletters, Greater & Greener conference materials, and other products (30%).
4) Miscellaneous – provide general administrative support for communications and marketing and executive director. Manage production schedules for print materials, and produce occasional reports for board of directors and funders (10%).
- Serve as systems administrator, manage all content, and members-only areas including ParkXChange Resource Library, membership administration pages, board governance page.
- Maintain analytics and prepare reports on website usage, page views, and downloads for cityparksalliance.org, www.greatergreener.org, and www.mayorsforparks.org.
- Design and execute digital campaigns promoting Alliance membership, benefits, and events, park-related research, and the role of parks, recreation, and programming as civic infrastructure.
- Manage e-newsletter lists and best-practices for newsletter management. Format and draft content for monthly newsletter and promotions.
- Manage Alliance social media platforms and develop engaging content and social media toolkits for key promotions and content.
- Manage editorial calendar and blog strategy in collaboration with Communications and Marketing Director.
- Manage design and production for reports, PowerPoints presentations, and other digital and print materials.
- Develop and manage production schedules and strategies in collaboration with Communications and Marketing Director.
- Manage design and production of print and digital marketing materials and onsite materials for Greater & Greener conference including program, signage, and other products.
- Provide guidance to staff on design and best practices for visual communications, identify new ways to leverage graphics, photography, and video in our communications.
- Ensure consistent branding across all formats for CPA as well as sponsor recognition in line with deliverables.
- Provide staff training on digital media platforms and ensure established digital media protocols and best practices are being followed.
- Provide general support for Communications and Marketing Director and Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Interest in the role of parks and recreation in building more equitable and resilient cities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in digital marketing, website management, social media, and email campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing abilities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player and problem solver who is responsive and flexible. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor. Ability to work independently and in a small office setting.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Google Apps, InDesign, WordPress, and email marketing skills required; Mailchimp, Cvent, Salesforce and project management software experience preferred.
- Graphic design, photography, and video editing experience preferred.
- Experience with city parks, urban issues, policy, and advocacy a plus.
City Parks Alliance is committed to building a diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000
- 15 days per year vacation
- 1 day per month sick leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Short term disability
- Tax deferred annuity plan after 2 years of employment
- Workers compensation
City Parks Alliance is located at 1777 Church Street, NW. Office environment is a relaxed, shared space in a townhouse two blocks from Dupont Circle, we are currently working remotely and may continue a flexible schedule.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three examples of your work (blog post, website managed, social media/email campaign, or other related work) and three references in one pdf with subject line “Digital Marketing and Design Manager” to [email protected].
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis