About City Parks Alliance:
City Parks Alliance is the only independent, nationwide membership organization solely dedicated to urban parks. The mission of the City Parks Alliance is to engage, educate and nurture a broad-based constituency to support the creation, revitalization, and sustainability of parks and green spaces that contribute to more vibrant and equitable cities.
City Parks Alliance leads and serves the community of diverse organizations encompassing the parks world, from neighborhood groups to government agencies, championing high-quality urban parks throughout the nation. City Parks Alliance is vital to sound public policy and citizen engagement that recognizes city parks as an integral part of forming strong, vibrant cities that nurture their communities and local economies. Our vision is that everyone in urban America will have access to parks and green spaces.
City Parks Alliance believes that parks and recreation services play a critical role in advancing racial equity. Equity is about fairness: Full and equal access to opportunities, power and resources so all people may thrive and prosper regardless of demographics. Equity is embedded in all of CPA’s work, from our approach to curating our conferences and selection of speakers and community-based stories to our research focus on creating more equitable city-wide systems to our advocacy efforts to increase investment in urban parks and recreation in neighborhoods of greatest need. We continue to learn and grow as an organization to broaden cultural, racial, and ethnic perspectives on our board and staff. See our organizational values for more about our commitment to advance these principles.
City Parks Alliance seeks a Digital Content Coordinator to assist with social media management and the development of digital content and media materials. The Coordinator will support communications about the benefits of urban parks and green space to current and potential members by providing updates on City Parks Alliance programs, including the Greater & Greener urban parks conference and informational resources. The Digital Content Coordinator will help grow our network and digital presence by expanding our follower counts and audience reach.
This part-time, temporary position will report to the Strategic Communications Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student looking for experience in the nonprofit sector, or someone trying to build connections and expertise in the parks and recreation community. Work can be completed on a flexible schedule. Pending funding, this position may be continued after the conference.
- Execute a social media schedule created by the Strategic Communications Manager via CPA’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts
- Under the guidance of the Strategic Communications Manager and Strategic Communications Consultant, post content for CPA’s social media channels for the Greater & Greener 2022 international urban parks conference, June 18 – 21, 2022
- Support website content development and maintenance using WordPress CMS
- Provide on-site social media support during the Greater & Greener conference
- Monitor comments and messages on all social platforms and ensure that questions are addressed promptly and routed through the proper channels
- Track analytics and provide relevant reports
- 1+ year experience in digital and social media marketing
- Mastery of the major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Strong written communication and editing skills; proficiency in AP Style
- Understanding of content planning tools such as WordPress, Trello, and Google Drive
- Graphic design ability is a plus
- Excellent research skills
- Attention to details
- Familiarity with urban planning, parks and recreation, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Attention to detail
City Parks Alliance is committed to building a culturally, ethnically, and racially diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Application Process: Please submit a resume, cover letter, 2-3 sample social media posts, and two references in one pdf with the subject line “Digital Content Coordinator Application” to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications are considered on a rolling basis; we aim to hire someone by April 2022.Application Link