The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is the official friends group and philanthropic partner for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP). With a mission to enrich people’s lives and enhance our region by inspiring use, preservation and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Conservancy offers cultural and educational programming, co-manages the park’s volunteer program, provides venues for weddings, meetings and special events, and operates park retail spaces.
Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is looking for an analytical, detail oriented, and professional candidate, with excellent interpersonal skills to add to our development team. The Development Operations Coordinator will support the management of fundraising data and the ongoing operations of the Development Department.
We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices. We embrace diversity and practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in Conservancy programs. We strive to provide a welcoming, collaborative, fun, and meaningful work environment and are committed to the health and well-being of our employees.
Position Description, Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
Essential duties include:
- Supports Development Department operations and management of data, including membership, major gifts, annual fund, capital campaign, corporate, foundation and government relations.
- Responsible for the timely processing and recording of membership gifts and donations including cash, credit cards, on-line giving, recurring gifts, and matching gifts within The Raiser’s Edge database. Transmit payments and associated reports to Finance daily.
- Responsible for conducting mail merges to produce membership mailings, renewal notices, gift acknowledgement letters, and various electronic and mailed donor communications in partnership with the Membership Coordinator and Development Operations and Research Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate database, documenting and managing existing processes, performing data extractions, creating reports, and making recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Assist with the preparation of information and materials for the Capital Campaign Committee.
- Assist CDO and Development Director during hikes and meetings with prospects, donors, volunteers, and corporate funders. Will be required to hike up to 5 miles and drive donors around in Conservancy golf cart.
- Employee must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties/functions as outlined in the position’s job description.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of general office experience required, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Must have experience using relational database software (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT, preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate professionally and effectively with key constituencies (both internally and externally), with an ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collect and manage data. Maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license and meet our driving record policy due to use of a government or Conservancy owned vehicle. Employee will be required to participate in and pass the government Defensive Driving course.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years.
Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-time, Non-exempt, $19-21 hourly wage range. Excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line reading Development Operations Coordinator. This is an immediate opening and posting closes when position is filled.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.