TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Partnership Manager and Development Coordinator
SALARY: $80,000 based on experience
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vacation
COMMITMENT: Full-time (40 hours per week). Flexible schedule. Some nights/weekends as needed.
Our mission is simple: to bring Oregonians together to improve our environment and build a legacy of stewardship.
As SOLVE turns 50, we have a lot to celebrate. A half-century of bringing people together, from all walks of life and every corner of the state. Of getting people out and answering the call. Cleaning up our beaches, parks, neighborhoods and natural spaces. Reaching out, digging in and picking up. By restoring vitality, planting new beginnings and keeping invaders at bay. Developing diverse relationships. By partnering, collaborating and engaging. Honoring the pioneers of our past and building on their legacy. Together. With an unstoppable force of volunteers, thirty thousand strong and one hundred percent committed. We are individuals, businesses, neighbors, families and friends. These are our communities. Our unique places. Our rivers and streams, lakes and mountains, land and sea. Our pride and joy. It’s in our nature to protect it for generations to come. Together, we are taking care of Oregon.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXCEL: SOLVE is seeking a highly motivated development professional with a proven track record of fundraising success to join our dedicated, high functioning staff. Leading the fundraising activities of the organization, the ideal candidate will excel in both internal management and external engagement. They will thrive in a small shop and contribute to a collaborative, productive and harmonious work environment. The Director of Development has the primary responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to raise over $1 million annually from business, foundation and individuals, and to expand SOLVE’s base of support across Oregon. Ideal candidates will be creative, autonomous, forward-thinking, and have a solid background in corporate fundraising and proposal writing.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum four years progressive experience managing a successful development and program
- Big picture thinker with experience as a hands-on development generalist with aptitude across all platforms of contributed income generation
- Solid record of achieving revenue goals and building a pipeline of financially beneficial relationships
- Self-starter exhibiting sound judgement and creative problem solving acumen
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and achieve ambitious goals in a fast-paced small shop
- Proven track record developing and executing successful corporate proposals, annual campaigns, events and multi-year funding proposals
- Capacity to engage authentically with the public and connect the dots between organizational need and donor interests
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to represent the organization in diverse public settings and facilitate productive internal and external communications
- Interest in managing the conceptualization, creation and disbursement of high quality proposals and appeals that engage the public and motivate involvement
- Knowledge of research and targeted marketing strategies to reach a variety of constituents
- Experience managing staff and contractors, and working respectfully with volunteers
- Natural collaborator with the innate ability to know when to lead and when to support
- Comfortable operating independently and as part of a team in a casual yet dynamic work environment
Successful candidates will:
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, resourcefulness to SOLVE’s mission
- Maintain the highest ethical fundraising standards
- Exhibit commitment to racial, ethnic and cultural equity
- Enthusiastically embrace working in a collaborative environment with many moving parts
- Understand the geography of Oregon and engage in its preservation.
- Be willing to volunteer, participate and engage in the work of SOLVE.
- Be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Have a valid Oregon Driver’s License.
Nonprofit Professionals Now (NPN) is happy to be working with SOLVE on this key position. Please review the full job description and submit a resume, cover letter and completed screening questions at: www.wvdo-or.hiringthing.com. All submissions will be reviewed.