The Institute is gearing up to make long-term investments in primary research and adult education programming that will surface, interpret, develop, share, and refine wise practices in the management of urban parks around the globe. We are looking for a coordinator that is eager to learn and grow alongside the Institute, developing new skills and conceptual knowledge in qualitative research methods, curriculum design, and facilitation. We need a coordinator skilled in logistics, customer service, and project management capable of serving on the “front lines” of our research and continuing education initiatives. For the foreseeable future, your primary responsibilities will be:
Coordinating logistics for in-person and virtual continuing education programming, including:
- Scheduling, venue booking, purchasing, and vendor contracting;
- Catering, hospitality, and visitor services;
- Payment processing, student admissions, and registration;
- Managing communications with students and other constituents; and
- Coordinating production of educational materials from drafts to print production and assembly.
Managing continuing education archives and records, including:
- Maintaining databases of student contacts and participant records;
- Maintaining digital file archives; and
- Maintaining physical file archives and libraries.
Assisting the Manager of Continuing Education with ongoing urban park research initiatives, including:
- Conducting scholarly and “gray” literature searches;
- Compiling literature reviews and identifying research gaps;
- Developing new primary research initiatives; and
- Developing in-house expertise in a range of topics in the field of urban park management.
Supporting the Manager of Continuing Education with ongoing teaching and training initiatives, including:
- Facilitating trainings, workshops, and other interactive learning experiences;
- Instructing and assessing web-based trainings, workshops, and other programs;
- Identifying new opportunities for developing curricular initiatives in the field of urban park management