Fairmount Park Conservancy brings parks to life. We work with the City of Philadelphia and its communities to steward our parks and nurture our shared environment, cultural resources, and public health. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park, six other watershed parks and more than 130 neighborhood parks and gardens around the city.
The Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the Communications team at Fairmount Park Conservancy. The position will primarily work on:
- Developing content for external audiences that increase engagement and help further the Conservancy’s goal of raising the public profile of the organization to widen our base of support
- Translating projects and programs into content that engages park users, donors, advocates, and local Philadelphians
- Coordinating, writing, and editing copy across print and digital platforms, including publications, print and electronic newsletters, press releases, social media, and web
Content Strategy and Management
- Collaborate with departments and subject matter experts across the organization to create new content pieces and develop rollout plans for events, public programs, the annual report, newsletters, and fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate content calendar and production schedules for content pieces to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Conduct interviews and research for articles, Q&As, and external communications
- Serve as a writer and content creator for the Conservancy’s annual report released each spring
- Serve as project manager and conceive, write, and edit content for monthly programmatic email newsletters, event specific e-blasts, biannual print donor newsletter, online blogs, the Conservancy’s homepage, and other print and digital collateral. Manage all aspects of copy production for these projects, including research, writing, editing, and internal approvals
- Manage Fairmount Park Conservancy’s photo and video library
- Serve as the primary liaison with external communications partners (Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, etc.)
- With input from the communications team, guide the strategy for press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests
- Collaborate with our PR Consultant and media on press opportunities and interviews
- Write press releases, run of shows, and speaking remarks for public engagements, interviews, and press events
- Manage all media contacts
- Develop partnerships with members of the media
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills and a deep understanding of branding practices
- Strong interpersonal skills; a can-do, collaborative attitude; ability to work with stakeholders across the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products, productivity software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with newsletter, email, social media, and website platforms
- Exceptional written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to help the department
- Strong and trusted collaborator
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment and able to pivot calmly and quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Passion for Philadelphia’s parks
The starting salary for this position is $40,000-$48,000. Additionally, Fairmount Park Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability, and retirement benefits.
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender, or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
All employees at the Fairmount Park Conservancy must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Successful applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please prepare a formal letter of interest, resume, and three work related references as either PDF or Word documents and submit at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d250369117dd488baa22a899d5c26268.
Please, no phone calls or mailed applications. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Application Link