Fairmount Park Conservancy brings parks to life. We work with the City of Philadelphia and its communities to steward our parks and nurture our shared environment, cultural resources, and public health. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park, six other watershed parks, and more than 130 neighborhood parks and gardens around the city.
The Capital Projects Manager (CPM) manages a portfolio of projects and provides oversight for consultants and contractors for the design and construction of city projects in the public realm. These may include park landscapes, park infrastructure, and neighborhood recreation facilities. They will direct all phases of project management including but not limited to initial Project Plan development, execution of design, permitting, procurement and bidding, logistical coordination, monitoring of construction progress, quality control, inspections, and budgeting.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Capital Projects (DCP) to maintain, develop, and implement Project Plans including definition, scope, budgets, and schedules, incorporating input from the appropriate team members, consultants, community feedback, and client needs
- Manage and lead meetings with contracted design professionals and general contractors for all phases of a project, including scheduling, agenda, meeting minutes, and documentation as required
- Define, monitor, and control allocated project resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting to ensure capital projects are delivered according to the Project Plan
- Implement project tracking mechanisms, including budgets and schedules, to be able to provide timely and concise updates on project progress to senior management and key stakeholders capturing key decisions, developing assumptions, identifying, and managing all risks and dependencies to safeguard delivery
- Develop, maintain, and administer project documentation, including the necessary approvals where relevant, so that an accurate record exists for review and regulatory purposes
- Acting as a liaison between landscape architects, civil engineers, contractors, and city stakeholders
- Work closely with internal teams and external partners to understand whether design and functional requirements are met or exceeded
- Work closely with consultants, vendors, and contractors to meet or exceed the Conservancy’s participation goals for Minority & Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) certified and locally-owned business contracting
- Schedule and facilitate construction, development, and pre-development meetings as required
- Interface with City agencies and regulators to move projects forward
- Other duties and onsite fieldwork as assigned
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS), preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Architecture
- 3 – 7 years experience in design and construction project management including onsite field management
- PMP Certification, desirable
- Valid Driver’s License or other means of reliable transportation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to respond to Request for Information (RFI), issue and manage Requests for Proposals, and manage contract negotiations
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and various construction management software
- Ability to manage resources across organizational boundaries, regardless of reporting structure
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with community stakeholders, funders, and city partners
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $95,000. Additionally, Fairmount Park Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability, and retirement.
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender, or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
All employees at the Fairmount Park Conservancy must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Successful applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please prepare a formal letter of interest, resume, and three work-related references as either PDF or Word documents and submit them at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d250369117dd488baa22a899d5c26268.
Please, no phone calls or mailed applications. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.Application Link