- Are you enthusiastic, reliable, dependable, have good communication skills and a strong work ethic?
- Do you enjoy working with a diversity of people?
- Are you passionate about protecting and caring for public lands?
If this sounds like you, The Montgomery County Department of Parks is the place you want to be! We are currently seeking a Seasonal Nature Program Leader to join our team at Brookside Nature Center located in Wheaton, MD. The candidate should enjoy working in a team environment, have a cooperative spirit, and feel confident in public speaking and hosting guests. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for parks and nature, be creative and hard working.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is a six-time National Recreational and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner. Behind the vast and diverse Montgomery County Department of Parks system is a career staff complement of nearly 800 employees, 424 parks and almost 37,000 acres of park land that serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in the Washington, DC area. Go to our website to learn more: https://www.montgomeryparks.org.
This position pays at a rate of $15.00 per hour to $16.80 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Weekend and evening work will be required. Occasional holiday work.
Examples of Important Duties
- Degree in Education or Natural/Environmental Sciences either earned or in progress.
- Experience working with children.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Knowledge of Montgomery County’s natural history.
- Ability to communicate in another language a plus!
What the job will involve:
- Conducts birthday parties, hiking, and scout programs using prepared lesson plans.
- Works collaboratively with career staff to help run summer camp activities and camp management as well as year-round nature programs and activities.
- Responds promptly to program requests while providing excellent customer service to park patrons.
- This position does not provide benefits.
- A complete background check will be completed before hire.
- Ability to bend, kneel, and carry 25 pounds.
- Must be physically able to work outside in all types of weather in varying terrains. Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: Montgomery County Department of Parks believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. Montgomery County Parks does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, ideology or status as a Veteran.Application Link