Associate Director of Experiential Design
About the Organization
We. Love. Parks. At San Francisco Parks Alliance (“SFPA”) we work with more than 200 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday citizens to ensure that our treasured city parks and public open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. If you’re creative, forward-thinking, and share an enthusiastic interest in helping shape the future of parks and public open spaces in San Francisco, let’s talk. We are a fun, communicative staff that thrives on teamwork, humor, and a passion to create new opportunities and outcomes for our Partner network in San Francisco. For more information please visit sfparksalliance.org.
About the Team
The Research & Development team designs and improves our products, services, and strategies through research and partnerships. We mobilize our partner network to solve pressing public space problems and further community collaboration to champion, transform, and activate public land.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Research & Development, the AD of Experiential Design will lead the research and development of services, programs, and products that advance the mission of SFPA. This role is primarily responsible for designing and operationalizing creative solutions and services that support the management of great public spaces. The position objective is to inspire, inform, and support the delivery of world-classworld class service to SF neighborhoods. The position is a vital member of the management team, and will share responsibility for establishing structures and processes that facilitate effective collaboration among cross-disciplinary teams.
This person will be responsible for studying industry trends, proprietary data, and defining the experiences and methodologies to deliver programmatic services that maximize mission impact.
Primary Job Functions
- Identify, test, and integrate industry best practices into all areas of program delivery
- Lead a cross-functional team in the development of a pricing strategy and execution plan for client services
- Translate the SFPA approach to service delivery into methodologies that will standardize service delivery
- Develop a new site Launch Kit that outlines pre-approved configurations including costs to expedite approval and launch of new sites
- Standardize and operationalize all data collection across program delivery departments
- Train SFPA and other partner teams on data collection and handling
- Develop signature set of activation packages that can inform project budgeting, placemaking, and community engagement
- Design annual programming plan that includes a global calendar of memorable seasonal experiences and meaningful opportunities for core partner and corporate sponsor participation
- Develop Ready-to-go Guides for special events, promotions, and other materials for activation sites, incorporating partners where possible
- Take a leadership role on behalf of SFPA in critical meetings with strategic partners.
- Develop materials and present to executives internal and externally.
- Keep abreast of relevant research trends and possible funding sources to support programmatic goals.
- Support the planning and execution of collaborative events or campaigns with Strategic Partnerships that promote organizational values, services, or accomplishments.
- Support project and fundraising proposals with content as needed.
- Other special projects as directed.
- MS or MA in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management within the organization and to external contacts.
- Demonstrated success at developing successful public space services and programming.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in program design, site or facilities management.
- Ability to take complex concepts, processes, and communicate them simply to a wide variety of audiences.
- Curiosity and constant desire to improve systems, services, and experiences.
- Critical thinking and analytic skills along with strategic decision-making ability.
- Outstanding ability to leverage outcomes-based thinking.
- Ability to lead and teach cross-functional teams not only through reporting and content, but by example.
- Resilience, flexibility, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively work with teams and promote collaborations in a networked organization.
SF Parks Alliance offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, flexible spending accounts, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and a 401(k) program with a match component.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to “[email protected]” with your full name and position title in the subject line. Please note that a cover letter is required for your application to be considered. SFPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.