The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is the official friends group and philanthropic partner for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP). With a mission to enrich people’s lives and enhance our region by inspiring use, preservation and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Conservancy offers cultural and educational programming, co-manages the park’s volunteer program, provides venues for weddings, meetings and special events, and operates park retail spaces.
Under the general direction of the Administrative Support Manager, the Administrative Support Assistant completes a broad range of receptionist and general office and clerical support duties, data entry, and professional administrative support to all Conservancy departments.
This position is an essential new addition to our growing organization. The Administrative Support Assistant will engage in meaningful work at an office located in the heart of our Ohio national park. The organizational culture is positive and energizing as our staff team and partners work together to meet our goals for supporting our community and national park. It is amazing what grows here, and we invite you to consider this growth opportunity for yourself.
Position Description, Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
Essential duties include:
- Receptionist duties including greeting guests/staff/volunteers, responding to general inquiries, answering phones, upkeep of public and shared common office spaces.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, packages, correspondence, and faxes, to include daily trips to the post office and delivering interoffice mail and packages to remote locations as needed.
- Create and maintain admin related inventory systems, including office supplies, uniforms pieces, kitchen supplies, general meeting and admin event supplies, and printed materials.
- Order uniform items, and office and facility supplies, as directed.
- Data entry to include entering of A/P and A/R invoices, deposits to the general ledger, daily sales and receipts, and advanced depositions in the Conservancy’s accounting software as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Assist with setting up and coordinating logistics of both onsite and offsite meetings and appointments as assigned.
- Assist all departments with clerical tasks, data entry, and projects as assigned, to include taking minutes at meetings as assigned; project management and coordination as assigned.
- Coordinate Administrative office volunteer tasks and projects through to completion; complete unfinished volunteer projects if necessary to meet deadlines.
- Provide computer and office equipment troubleshooting to all Conservancy employees and Conservancy locations as assigned. Perform or assist with tech and computer equipment set up and installation as assigned.
- Employee must be able to satisfactorily perform the complete essential duties/functions as outlined in the position’s job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Every Conservancy employee must understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One year of previous office experience required.
- Database entry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, data entry, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to learn and work with standard software applications such as databases, Microsoft Office Suite, internet, email, etc.
- Ability or desire to learn computer hardware and software, and office equipment, troubleshooting.
- Ability to use a network computer and its associated office and database related software, multifunction copier machine, credit card processing hardware and software, networked digital telephone, smart cellular phone, postage meter, LCD projector.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as operate independently.
- Ability to work within and adapt to a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality related to proprietary and /or confidential information associated with the Conservancy.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license, evidence of insurability, and meet our driving record policy due to use of a Conservancy owned vehicle.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years.
Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-Time, non-exempt, $14-15.00 hourly range. Excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision options, employee life and short/long term disability coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line reading Administrative Support Assistant. This is an immediate opening and posting closes when position is filled.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.