About the Organization
We. Love. Parks. At the SF Parks Alliance (“SFPA”), we work with more than 200 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday citizens to ensure that our treasured city parks and public open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. As we expand to serve even more parks and people, we are seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our team. If you’re creative, forward-thinking, and share an enthusiastic interest in helping shape the future of parks and public open spaces in San Francisco, let’s talk. We are a fun, communicative staff that thrives on teamwork, humor, and a passion to create new opportunities and outcomes for our Partner network in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.sfparksalliance.org.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration and working under limited supervision, the Accounting Specialist provides accounting support to both internal staff and external stakeholders. Responsibilities include accounts payable, payroll support and other accounting & administrative assistance. We are seeking an experienced Accounting Specialist to join our team to help us meet the finance and accounting needs of a growing organization. This is an exciting opportunity to engage in civic entrepreneurship for both immediate and long-term impact. The position is based in the SFPA office.
Primary Job Functions
- Review invoices and check requests for compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Process year-end 1099s.
- Enter all invoices to be paid in Accounts Payable module.
- Process payments for open invoices.
- Monitor accounts payable aging report to ensure unpaid invoices are paid in a timely manner; communicate with managers to ensure overdue invoices are addressed with vendor.
- File and maintain vendor files and process new vendor setups, credit applications, etc.
- Research payment questions in a timely manner and provide business partners with a clear understanding of the status of their invoice or payment concern.
- Process employee data (new hires, changes, additional earnings and fringe benefits).
- Coordinate and assist with the new hire process, including assisting and ensuring new hires properly complete on-boarding process, submit and process paperwork to appropriate departments, create new employee files, coordinate orientation and support training efforts.
- Provide assistance to employee and HR in the area of pay, benefits and taxes with regards to time-off requests, the location of forms and information within the company, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instructions on withholding issues.
Other Accounting & Administrative Support-20%
- Assist with annual/periodic audits by providing supporting documentation in a timely/accurate manner.
- Assist other finance, accounting and administrative functions as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of full accounts payable cycle and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and G-Suite; proficiency with enterprise level accounting software; experience with Sage Intacct, Salesforce and/or Zenefits a plus.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple duties simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks as needed.
- Concierge-level customer service skills utilized both internally and externally.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- High level of discretion working with confidential information.
What We Need to See on Your Resume
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years of professional experience with demonstrated success in accounts payable and payroll support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to see the big picture.
The Accounting Specialist is a full-time (40 hours/week) position.
- Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
- Department: Finance & Administration
- Location: San Francisco
- Preferred start date: Immediately
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
SF Parks Alliance offers a competitive salary of $52,250 to $57,000, commensurate with experience and skills, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, flexible spending accounts, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and a 410(k) program with a match component.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to “[email protected]” with your full name and the position title in the subject line. Please note that a cover letter is required for your application to be considered. SFPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.